I will first start out by encouraging you to look up the products that you use daily on the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep database. This was a real eye opener for me and prompted my search for cleaner products. I bet you will be surprised at what you are putting on and in your body every single day. My previous foundation that I was using rated a 10 and was full of harmful chemicals that can cause cancer and loaded with hormone disruptors. Once I knew that information I could not just ignore it. I was introduced to Beautycounter and couldn't believe that such high quality, high performing products were actually not full of harmful chemicals.
The United States has not passed a major federal law to regulate the safety of ingredients used in personal care products since 1938. When I heard that I was shocked. I mean it is 2017! All while the European Union has banned over 1300 products in the past two decades. This is scary and very disappointing to me. The cosmetic industry needs more regulation so that everyone has access to cleaner products. That is what Beautycounter is all about. It's first priority is educating people about what they are putting into their bodies.
What are your favorite products?
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation - Love this lightweight formula. I have always used really thick makeup and was worried about trying this lighter formula. I love it! It feels weightless but is still buildable to cover up any imperfections.
- Citrus Mimosa Hydrating Body Lotion - Lets me honest I love everything that smells like the citrus mimosa. I am very sensitive to smells and this is a perfect light weight scent.
- Charcoal Mask- This was the first product I tried and its amazing! I use it once or twice a week and then as a spot treatment. It works so well as a spot treatment. I can put it on a problem area and it is dramatically improved the next day.
- Brightening Facial Oil- This is the best! My makeup goes on so much smoother now that I use this and my skin is hydrated. It also gives your skin a beautiful glow and plus it smells amazing.
- Rejuvenating Toner Pads- I saw results with this product within a few days. Love how clean and firm my skin feels after using them.
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel -This is the newest BC product and everyone needs it! I use this 2 times a week. I love that you put it on at night and don't have to wash it off and I wake up with silky soft skin.
What Does Your Daily Skincare Routine Look Like?
- When I wake up in the morning I clean my face with a Rejuvenating Toner Pad. I like to cut my pads in half when I get them so that they will last longer.
- I then moisturize with the Countermatch Adaptive Lotion. I mix a drop of the Brightening Facial Oil in with the moisturizer. I let this soak in for a few minutes.
- I then proceed with my normal makeup routine or let's be honest most days this step is skipped :) Here are the Beautycounter makeup products I user everyday.
- At night I clean my face with the Rejuvenating Face Cleanser and then swipe it with the other half of my Rejuvenating Toner Pad. I have been using the same bottle of face cleanser for 8 months and still have a significant amount left. A little bit goes a long way with all the products and they last a good amount of time.
- I then use the Rejuvenating Radiance Serum mixed with a drop or two of the No. 3 balancing facial oil to help with breakouts. I then apply a little bit of Rejuvenating Eye cream under my eyes and then I am off to bed :)