It has been awhile since I have snapped any pictures of Lucy Mae with my big camera. Yesterday we went out to my parents house and took a few. She is not as into photo shoots as her momma would like her to be, but I got a few shots of her just being an adventurous one year old who is always on the go (and always has a serious face ha).
- Beaba Babycook Pro 2x- I went back and forth on this purchase but I am so glad I finally bought it. I love making fresh baby food and this makes it so simple and easy. Plus it's great only having one thing to wash. I even use it when I just want to steam my husband and I something for dinner.
- Britax USA Boulevard Convertible Car Seat- We love this car seat. It is very simple (well as simple as car seat installations can be) to install. I really love how safe it feels.
- Joovy Spoon Walker- This is a must have! We have used this much more than we ever imagined. It is so nice being able to put Lucy in something and cook dinner etc... It also folds up very nicely for travel.
- Gerber Easy Rest Spoons- Not all baby spoons are created equal. I love how these are like little scraper spatulas - perfect for getting every last bite and cleaning up your little ones face. I find myself using them all the time to scrape things out of jars.
- Tula Baby Carrier- This is another purchase I went back and forth on. I tried a friends baby carrier to see if I would actually use it and loved it so I decided to purchase a Tula. We still use it all the time. It is perfect in small stores or when you do not want to push a stroller around. I have even used it on days when Lucy is fussy and just wants to be held so I can get stuff done.
- Jelly Cat Pet Tails Book- Lucy loves this cute book filled with different textures. I love that it has the option to velcro it on your stroller, car seat etc..
- Mutsy Evo Stroller- We have really enjoyed this stroller and how smooth it is to push around. I quickly learned that buying a stroller is similar to purchasing a car. Their are so many options and they can get very pricey. This stroller maneuvers so well.
- Bumbo Multi Seat- This is perfect for when you need a high chair/seat for your little one on the go. We always take it when we travel or to grandmas house. I love that as they grow you can remove the cushion insert and use it as a booster seat.
- Baby Deedee Sleep Nest- We have tried several sleep sacks and this has been the winner. I love the material and the snap buttons at the top make it very easy to get it on.
- Cart Cover- This is a must have. Now that Lucy is older it is great that she can sit in a cart but the thought of germs all over it makes me cringe. I love being able to use carts and not worry about Lucy's mouth all over the handle that everyone in town has touched. It also can be easily washed in the washing machine.
Sunday we celebrated one year with our sweet Lucy Mae. She is worth celebrating and we had a great day doing so! I already had her birthday theme planned the minute we decided to name her Lucy. Here are a few highlights from her special day. Thank you to everyone who joined us in celebrating our girl. We love Lucy!
I can not believe my baby girl is one today! This past year has flown by. It is so much fun seeing her develop her own personality. I think of Pslam 127:3 often - Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. Lucy Mae has been the sweetest gift.
I got to take pictures of the cutest girl and her beautiful mommy last week to celebrate her turning three. Ashton was my very first friend. I have many great memories running up the street next to mine to play with Ashton. It was so fun taking pictures of her and her sweet girl. Harper made this super easy. She was very into it - which is not the case for most three year olds.
These were taken at the East Texas Arboretum here in Athens. This was my first time taking pictures here and it was a great setting. I loved getting to take pictures with the old house on the property that my dad moved there.
Time sure does fly when you are having fun - our girl is 11 months!
I am learning more and more each day that babies don't keep. I love this sweet video by Wayfair. I admit it makes me emotional thinking about how fast Lucy Mae is changing and hitting new milestones every day.
Preparing for a new baby can be very overwhelming. It is a whole new world of different gadgets and it is hard to know what you do and don't need. Wayfair has put together a great article to make it a little easier for you, My First Baby. They surveyed current and expecting parents about budgets, nursery decor, popular toys and books and baby milestones. Check out the video below from their article and read the full article here (It has tons of great videos and graphics!). I wish I had all this information on one page when preparing for Lucy Mae! :)
Lucy Mae is 10 months old! She is just starting to stand by herself for a few seconds and becoming more interested in trying to walk. She loves to read (or flip through books really fast ha) She is so much fun!